1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans
cream of chicken soup
2 -3 cups
1 (12 ounce) packages
Pepperidge Farm stuffing
- In a large pan melt 3 Tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Add celery and onions. Sauté for 10-15 minutes. Remove and set aside for later.
- Lightly brown sausage and drain.
- Add sautéed celery/onion to sausage and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- Add can of soup and 2 cups of milk. Stir and cook about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Ada 2 cups of applesauce and juice of 1 orange. Stir and heat.
- Add sage and poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir and heat on low.
- Take off heat.
- Add stuffing crumbs. Fold crumbs gently (do not stir). May need to add more. Ilk slowly if too dry.
- Pre heat the oven to 350.
- Butter 2 2qt baking dishes (best to use separate dishes for baking). Add stuffing mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.