1 1/2 cups
1 (3 ounce) packages
egg yolks, reserve egg whites
2 1/2 cups
- In a large bowl, place sugar, butter, cream cheese, peppermint and egg yolks. Beat until blended, then mix on flour.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a well floured board roll our dough 1/4-1/2-inch thick. Cut out cookies with a jumbo holiday cookie cutters and place on cookie sheets.
- Brush cookie tops with egg whites and srpinkle with colored sugars or leave plain for frosting later.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom.
- Pit all ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. If frosting is too loose add more powdered sugar, or add more milk if too stiff, color if desired. Frost cookies when cool.