chicken legs, skin removed
fresh ground black pepper
onion, finely chopped
garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 cups
firmly packed light brown sugar
- Spray the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray, or line it with a slow cooker liner according to manufacturer's directions.
- Sprinkle the chicken legs evenly with the salt and pepper and transfer to the slow cooker insert.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over med-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; saute until the onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove the cover from the slow cooker and skim off any fat.
- Serve the chicken from the cooker set on warm.