( or soy milk)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- OPTIONAL: You don't have to do this (blame it on my paranoia and perfectionism), but I boiled water and added the raisins in order to plump them and remove any surface sugars.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour into a non-stick 9 inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until firm.
- Cool and cut into 12 squares.
- NOTE: To add some interesting or favorite taste variations, add one or more tsp of any flavor extract (or any combination): coconut, banana, almond, mint, or cocoa powder.
- Various spices can also be added: nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, clove, lemon and orange peel.
- You can add other extracts or spices such as: 1/2- 1 tsp.
- or combination of: coconut, banana, almond extracts, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, clove, lemon and orange peel.
- These bars keep well in the freezer and are excellent for traveling.