( 12 oz)
175 -200 ml
( 6-7 fl oz)
extra-virgin olive oil
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the yeast and salt.
- Dissolve the sugar in the warm water and dribble it into the dry ingredients until they absorb enough to make a sticky dough, how much water is required will entirely depend upon your flour.
- Mix in the olive oil and use your hands – or the dough hook on your electric mixer – to knead the dough until it is smooth and silky. It will take about 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil the ball of dough and put it into a bowl.
- Cover and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours, by which time it should have at least doubled in size.
- Knock the air out of the dough, then tip it out onto a floured work surface. Cut the dough into12 portions, then lightly flour each one and put them on a tray, covered, for another 10 minutes.
- When ready to cook, roll each portion out to a 15 cm (6 in) circle and cover with the topping of your choice.
- Bake in a hot oven (450 -500f) until done to your liking.