sliced carambolas, sliced crossways into 1/4-inch stars
1 1/3 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Place the three tablespoons butter in a round 9 inch cake pan and warm it to melt the butter.
- Cover the butter with the brown sugar, then place the star shaped carambola slices and the cherries.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the 1/3 cup butter with the sugar and lemon zest.
- Add, one by one, the eggs and continue beating for four minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, alternating with the milk.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Cool completely before serving.