vegetable oil, plus extra for drizzling on rice
day-old cooked white short-grain rice
scallions, finely sliced, white and green parts separated
cabbage kimchi, generous cup, roughly chopped
reserved cabbage kimchi juice
( to garnish)
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add meat and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through(about 2-3 minutes).
- Meanwhile place rice in a large bowl, drizzle with a little vegetable oil.
- With your hands separate rice grains as mch as possible without smashing or breaking them.
- Use just enough to coat each grain.
- Add the white parts of the scallion to to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the kimchi and juice and stirr to toss.
- Add the rice and toss to coat, stirring the mixture evenly.
- Cook rice for 10 minutes tossing the rice as needed to keep the rice from burning.
- Drizzle with the sesame oil and soy sauce and toss to distribute evenly.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, toss as needed to prevent the rice from burning.
- Taste for seasoning and sprinkle sesame oil and soy sauce if desired.
- Reserve a handful of green scallions.
- Toss the rest in the pan with the rice.
- Divide rice between 2 bowls.
- In a small pan, fry both eggs and use to top the fried rice.
- Garnish with reserved green onions and sesame seeds.