1 1/2 cups
- Sift flour, cornstarch and salt into a bowl, and make a well in the middle.
- Add the egg and pour in the water.
- Mix the egg and water into the flour mixture with a spoon.
- When this all binds together, scrape the spoon clean, and use your hands to work the dough into a smooth ball, leaving the bowl as free of the mix as possible.
- Knead the dough on a clean surface until it's very smooth.
- Cut the dough in half and wrap both portions in plastic wrap.
- Set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- Roll out one portion at a time.
- Dust work surface and rolling pin lightly with cornstarch, then roll out dough until thin and even.
- Either cut into squares, or use a circle cutter for dim sum and dumplings.