gaeta olive, pitted and coarsely chopped
extra virgin olive oil
capers, soaked in cold water 10 minutes then drained
garlic cloves, minced
fresh chives, minced
1 1/2 cups
( about 13 oz)
1 1/4 cups
1 lb bucatini pasta or 1 lb
fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; cook bucatini according to package directions, drain, and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, stir together olives, oil, capers, garlic, and chives; set aside.
- Use a medium saucepan and combine cheese, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture is just warmed through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Add warm cheese mixture and 2/3 of the olive mixture to the hot pasta and toss; let stand a minute or two.
- Garnish with remaining olive mixture and additional chives, if desired.