( about 10 large)
1 1/2 cups half-and-half or 1 1/2 cups
fresh parsley, chopped
- Peel potatoes.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks, dropping into a large saucepan half filled with cold water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to boiling and boil, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
- Drain and set potatoes aside.
- In same saucepan, bring 1 cup milk and butter to simmering.
- Turn off heat.
- Return potatoes to pan.
- Add pepper, nutmeg, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Mash.
- Stir in parsley and remaining 1/2 cup milk.