1 (9 inch)
pie crusts, unbaked
( such as Recipe #488216)
cooked adzuki beans
salted butter, melted
dark brown sugar
( not instant)
chopped pecans, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F and place the pie crust on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Puree the beans, butter, sugar, vanilla, milk and eggs in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, tapioca starch and rolled oats and process until smooth and the oats are finely minced. Mixture will be fluid.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle with pecans, if using.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake on the middle rack for 12 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350F and move the pie to the lowest rack of the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes, covering the pie with foil after 20 minutes if it's browning too much.
- When done, the filling will be completely set.
- Cool completely to room temperature, then chill overnight before serving.