2 1/4 cups
packed light brown sugar
1 cup kefir or 1 cup
1/3 cup canola oil or 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. LIne muffin pan cups with paper liners.
- In bowl of stand mixer mix all dry ingredients until there are no more clumps of brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, mix kefir, oil, applesauce and egg.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture and mix just until the batter comes together. (At this point, you can refrigerate the batter for up to a week).
- Using 1/4 measuring cup or ice cream scoop fill muffin cups 2/3 full. If making jam muffins add 1 teaspoon of jam to each muffin and lightly press into the center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins are set and golden on top.