2 3/4-3 1/4 cups
fast rise yeast
- In large bowl, mix 1 1/4 C flour, sugar, yeast, oregano, thyme and salt.
- In another bowl, combine water, butter and milk.
- Microwave until 130 degrees f. Gradually add to dry ingredients.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium, then 2 minutes on high.
- With spoon, stir in enough flour to make soft elastic dough. Knead in adequate flour so that the dough is not sticky. (About 4 minutes.)
- Divide dough into thirds and roll each into a 24" rope.
- Braid three ropes and tuck ends under.
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place on greased baking sheet over a shallow pan half full of boiling water. Cover and let rise 25 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.