potatoes, peeled and diced
1 1/2 teaspoons
crushed red pepper flakes
kale leaves, chopped
( or 1 Qt Stock/1 Qt. Water)
- In a large pot, cook ground sausage and pepper flakes, until done. If sausage is in links, remove from casing and crumble, (or thinly slice after cooking).
- Remove sausage from pot and set aside. Drain excess grease.
- Add bacon, onion and garlic to pot and cook over medium heat until onions are soft (about 15 minutes).
- Add chicken stock/water, and potatoes and cook until potatoes are soft (about 30 minutes).
- Add sausage, kale and heavy cream.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes, then serve.