1 (16 ounce) cans
no-salt-added black beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
1 (98 g)
green bell peppers, cut into large pieces
1 (118 g)
onions, cut into large pieces
garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons
Oroweat Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins
red onions, to serve
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, chili powder, cumin and chili sauce.
- In a food processor, pulse bell pepper, onion, and garlic until finely chopped. If needed, strain to remove excess water.
- Add beans and egg mixture, pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Work in bread crumbs and parmesan until mixture is sticky and holds together, adding more bread crumbs if needed.
- Divide into four burgers. Grill or freeze for later use.
- Heat a skillet on the stove top (medium heat). Coat with cooking spray and cook the burgers about 6-8 minutes per side. You can also bake them in the oven at 375 for about 10 minutes on each side.