salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Cut the tomatoes in half with the stalk at the top and empty the seeds and juice.
- In a Tatin dish (or ceramic dish) pour some olive oil in the bottom and put the tomatoes head down side by side, quite tightly. Add a bit more olive oil on the top with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- Put the dish in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Pierce the puff pastry a lot! And lay it on the tomatoes folding the sides as much as you can.
- Put back in the oven for 30mins and meanwhile, cut the mozzarella in slices.
- Take the dish out of the oven and lay the mozzarella on top when the tomatoes are still hot (you can put the dish back in the oven a little bit to help the mozzarrella to melt, but not too much to keep a nice appearance).
- Finish with the basil and eat warm or cold.
- Bon Appetit!