thin pizza crust
red onions, thinly sliced
extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
fresh ground black pepper
thick-cut bacon, diced
1 1/2 cups
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Toss together the onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil the onions for 6 to 8 minutes, until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Meanwhile, place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until golden and crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F, or as high as your oven will go.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the onions evenly over the dough. Crumble the goat cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.