onion, chopped fine
jalapeno pepper, minced
1 1/2 cups
roma tomatoes, diced
green olives, diced
4 (5 ounce)
striped sea bass fillets
( or equal amounts chicken, shellfish etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over med -high heat.
- Add onions and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeno, tomato paste,chili powder,.
- Stir in broth,tomatoes,olives and raisin.
- Simmer over medium heat and reduce to a sauce consistency.
- Transfer fish, chicken, shrimp, scallops et al.
- to a lightly oiled casserole dish season with salt and pepper.
- Top the meat with cooked Picadillo Sauce bake until done.
- About 12-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove meat and sauce to a bed of rice. I love saffron rice.