toasted whole pine nuts
( can sub chopped walnuts)
1 1/4 cups
plus 2 tablespoons water
( 75 - 85 degrees)
plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
4 -4 1/4 cups
bread flour, divided
2 (1/4 ounce) package
active dry yeast
finely chopped fresh rosemary
grated asiago cheese
quartered red seedless grapes
- Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally until slightly browned and toasted.
- In a bread machine pan, place water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Add 4 cups bread flour, sugar, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and place the yeast in the well.
- Program the bread machine on 'dough'. During the last 2 minutes of the kneading cycle, add rosemary, Asiago cheese, pine nuts, and grapes. If necessary, add some of the additional 1/4 cup flour if the dough appears to be sticky.
- When the dough cycle is complete, divide dough in half. On a floured board, roll each half into a 12 x 6-inch rectangle. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting from a long side; seal well. Pinch ends and pull slightly to taper. Place seam -side-down on greased 16 x 14-inch baking sheets.
- Cover; let rise until double, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush loaves with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack.