1 1/4 lbs
whole diced vidalia onion
salt & pepper
sweet baby rays barbecue sauce
gourmet burger seasoning
- In a frying pan, start cooking the bacon. While the bacon is frying, cut up the onion and set aside. Finish cooking the bacon and remove and put on paper towels.
- Butter the buns and set aside.
- Drain the skillet that has the bacon grease into a bowl and set aside. (you will use this pan for the burgers).
- Make 5 patties out of the ground beef and place in the skillet. Fry on medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
- In the meantime in another skillet, lightly toast the buns. Set aside.
- By this time the burgers should be ¾ of the way done, add cheese to the top of the burgers to melt. Put the burgers on a paper towel whenever finished.
- In the meantime, pour a little bacon grease in the same skillet used for the buns and add the onions and burger seasoning and saute for up to 3 minutes. Add the BBQ sauce directly to the onions and heat for about 1 minute.
- Dress your burgers, add the patty and cross the bacon on top then add the BBQ onion mixture. Serve right away.