roasted salted cashews
chopped fresh cilantro, with some stems
1/4 cup safflower oil or 1/4 cup
garlic cloves, roughly chopped
lime, juice of
jalapeno pepper, seeded
( or not, to taste)
fresh ground black pepper
( and or or drumsticks)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the nuts, 2 tablespoons cilantro, oil, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, lime juice, jalapeno, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Smear on enough cashew mixture to coat the pieces thoroughly, but don't make it too thick or the sauce will fall off into your grill (set aside any remaining mixture).
- Let marinate at room temperature while you heat the grill or broiler.
- Or refrigerate for up to 12 hours before cooking.
- Preheat the broiler or grill.
- Grill or boil the chicken, turning frequently, until it is crisp and golden on the outside and done on the inside, 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 4 tablespoons cilantro and serve lime wedges and the remaining cashew mixture.