light corn syrup
firmly-packed brown sugar
unsifted all-purpose flour
assorted colored sprinkles
- Combine syrup, shortening, and sugar in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly over moderate heat until mixture just starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in four and nuts.
- Drop mixture by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake only four to six cookies at a time.
- Allow two inches between cookies as they spread during baking.
- Bake at 375 F until edges of cookies are lightly browned (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cool 30 seconds.
- While cookie is still hot, roll up in a cigar shape.
- If cookies become too hard to roll, place them back in oven until soft.
- When cookies are completely cool, dip ends into melted chocolate and then sprinkles.
- Let stand until cool.
- Store in airtight container with a lid.
- They keep for several weeks.