new potato, quartered, enough to cover the bottom of your crock pot
medium-large onion, cut into wedges
2 -3 tablespoons
salt and pepper
4 lbs bottom round steaks or 4 lbs
1 (8 ounce) packages
baby bella mushrooms
- Layer potatoes, carrots, and onions at the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add garlic and sprinkle thyme and rosemary to cover the vegetables.
- Salt and pepper the roast, then sear all over to seal in moisture.
- Place roast over vegetables, and pour in wine and beef stock.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or until meat is tender, turning the meat half way through.
- Dissolve flour by shaking in a jar with just enough cold water to dissolve it completely.
- Remove the meat to a plate and pour dissolved flour into the crock pot along with mushrooms. Stir and let cook for 10 minutes or until gravy achieves a good consistency.
- Slice roast and replace to crock pot to keep warm for serving.