beef stew meat, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
beef bouillon cubes
green pepper, diced
- Combine potato starch and salt in a large zipper bag, then add beef and shake until coated.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven (preferably non-stick) over medium heat.
- Add meat and cook until lightly browned.
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender (may take longer if your cubes aren't small enough).
- Add remaining ingredients, increase heat and bring to a boil (you may need to add more water - sometimes I do, sometimes I don't).
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.