frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 1/2 cups
mozzarella cheese, shredded
fresh parmesan cheese, grated and divided
eggs, lightly beaten
garlic cloves, finely minced
fresh ground pepper
of your favorite marinara sauce, divided
( to garnish)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, and season generously with salt. Cook according to package directions. Drain and squeeze the excess water from the spinach.
- Cook the pasta shells until al dente, tender but still slightly firm. Drain and pat dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch ovenproof baking dish with 1 cup of the marinara sauce.
- In a medium mixing bowl, evenly combine the ricotta, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, the eggs, garlic and the spinach. Season with the 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the manicotti shell and line them up in the baking dish.
- Cover with the remaining sauce. Scatter the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.