1 2/3 cups
1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup
( 1 lb.)
- Lay flour on a board or countertop and sprinkle with baking powder and sugar.
- Make a well and drop in the egg and vanilla extract. Cut the butter or.
- margarine in slices over the top. Knead into a smooth dough. Roll out and.
- line a greased springform pan (10” X 3”) with it making sure the dough is halfway up the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- Separate eggs and beat the egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff. Place inches.
- the refrigerator. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until creamy, add ricotta cheese.
- and grate the rind of the lemon over it. Add the flour and beat until mixed.
- well. Peel apples, quarter them, remove the core and cut into thin slices. Stir.
- in the cheese mixture, fold the stiff egg whites into it and then spread evenly onto the cake dough. bake in a 350 degree oven 60-70 minutes, until he edge of the cake is golden. After baking let the cake sit in the pan for ten.
- minutes. Loosen the edge with a knife and let it cool in the pan for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar after it has cooled.