1 (16 ounce) packages
extra firm tofu, drained
low sodium soy sauce
toasted sesame oil
- Turn the tofu block on its side, and slice it into slices about 1/4 inch thick (you should get 4 slices). Put several layers of paper towels on each side, and make sure you extract as much moisture as you can.
- Mix the soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil. Lay the slices of tofu on the baking sheet, being careful so that they don't tear.
- Brush the soy sauce and sesame oil on both sides of each piece of tofu, being careful to make sure they don't tear too bad when you turn them (if they do a little, it's ok). Use all the marinade between all 4 pieces of tofu.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Let the tofu sit and absorb the marinade while the oven preheats.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning once with a wide spatula halfway through the baking time.