1 1/4 lbs
red onions, sliced thin
garlic clove, crushed
( or your favorite herb)
( sun dried, if you can find it)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the the oil in a large pan. add onions and garlic. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally. Add herbs.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry, make 4 6" round circles, Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Crimp the edges as you would a pie crust. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaining oil with the sun dried tomato paste and brush over the pastry, leaving a 1/2 " border bare.
- Place the sauteed onion mixture on each round, grind the pepper over each, lots of it! Drizzle a bit more olive oil on each.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Serve hot, garnished with thyme sprigs.