chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and coarsely chopped
jalapeno chiles, seeded,and chopped
unsweetened pineapple juice
fresh lime juice
chopped fresh cilantro
fresh ground black pepper
- Puree pineapple, jalapenos and garlic in a blender until almost smooth.
- Add pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, and lime peel and process until blended.
- Pour marinade into a large glass baking dish.
- Add chicken to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a small bowl.
- Whisk in honey.
- Brush mixture over chicken.
- Broil until cooked through, basting frequently, about 30 minutes.