( skin removed, with or without bone)
1/2 cup dry white wine (or more) or 1/2 cup
( or more)
1 (14 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, drained
1 (8 ounce) cans
garlic cloves, minced
fresh parsley, chopped
- Place flour, salt, pepper and tarragon in a large zippered bag.
- Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- Remove chicken and reserve flour mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place chicken in a crock pot.
- Add flour to the fat and drippings in the pan.
- Over medium-low heat, whisk in wine/broth until mixture is thick and smooth. (I used a cast iron skillet which gets hot & retains heat so for this step, I just shut it off) You may need more liquid to get a nice sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW until chicken is cooked through, about 6 hours for boneless chicken & 8 hours for bone-in chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.