canned salmon, skin and bones removed
( pink or red)
green onions, sliced fine
( Aussies call these shallots)
breadcrumbs, plus extra for rolling
- Place mashed potatoes, salmon, egg, green onion, lemon pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and breadcrumbs thoroughly in a large bowl. Use your hands; I like using food preparation gloves.
- Use wet hands to form into patties.
- Roll patties in the extra breadcrumbs.
- Put patties on a plate and leave for at least for an hour, or up to overnight. They break apart if not left to rest. Cover with cling wrap until ready to use.
- When ready to cook, heat the oil in a large fry pan/skillet. I use my electric skillet up to number 8, medium high.
- Add the patties when the oil is hot; test a piece of bread, it should turn golden within 5 to 10 seconds.
- Fry one side until golden and flip; fry the other side until golden (about 6 minutes in total).
- Serve with chips and salad/veggies.