low sodium chicken broth
bone-in chicken breasts, about 2 lbs.
( I used thighs)
potato, peeled and diced
corn, husked and cut crosswise into 1 inch rounds
red bell peppers, cut into 3/4 inch chunks
( aji amarillo)
lemon, juice of
roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Put broth and chicken in a large pot, bring to boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate and allow to cool; skim broth.
- If using potato, add now to broth and simmer for about 10 minutes or until it's starting to get tender but is not quite done.
- Add corn and bell peppers to broth and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook until peppers and corn are just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove skin and bones from chicken and shred the meat.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir in the chile paste to taste and lemon juice.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the parsley.