1/2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup
monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
green onion, sliced thin
diced green chili peppers
( canned or fresh jalapeno)
salt and pepper, to taste
chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave until soft and pliable, about 1 minute.
- Place each into 4" ramekins or tart pans. You might me able to use extra large muffin pans, though I've never tried that.
- Beat together eggs, half and half, cheese, green onion, and green chile with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake until eggs are just set, about 20-40 minutes, depending upon the type and size ramekins or pans you used. Keep an eye on them.
- To serve, spoon a tbsp of salsa over each and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- For a more substantial meal, you can add 1/2 c cooked and cooled Mexican chorizo to the egg mixture before filling the cups. It will take about 5 minutes longer to bake.