1 lb broken biscuits (shortbread) or 1 lb
( fine grain)
( or enough to get a good spreading consistency)
- Break up biscuits into bits. Not crumbed, just pieces no larger the size of a quarter.
- In large pan melt the butter, then add the sugar, sultanas and cocoa. Heat and keep mixing until hot but not boiling.
- Take off the heat.
- Mixing very quickly, add the beaten eggs in small amounts incorporating each lot before adding the next.
- Fold in broken biscuits.
- Press mixture into a foil lined tray (30x25cm).
- Refrigerate to set for a couple of hours.
- To make the icing / frosting:.
- Mix the icing sugar, 4 T cocoa and 2 T melted butter with enough milk to give a spreadable consistency.
- Beat until smooth.
- Spread over the hedgehog and leave until it has set.
- I store this slice in the refrigerator.