For the Cake Layer
0.5 (18 1/4 ounce) packages
white cake mix
( about 1 1/4 cups dry mix depending on size)
For the Cream Layer
cream cheese, softened to room temperature
( 1/2 pint)
For the Strawberry Layer
( can use frozen whole strawberries thawed)
1 (3 ounce) boxes
jello brand strawberry gelatin
1 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes
jello brand vanilla pudding mix
( cook & serve)
1 1/4 cups
- To make the cake layer: Mix together the ingredients and blend on high for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 13"x9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until done. Cool completely.
- To make the cream layer: Beat the whipping cream on high until soft peaks form; set aside. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and then gradually add the powdered sugar. Gently fold in the whipped cream until well incorporated.
- Spread over the cooled cake and refrigerate.
- To make the strawberry glaze: Slice the strawberries in half or quarters. Sprinkle the desired amount of sugar over the sliced strawberries, tossing to distribute the sugar and allowing the juices to run. Try to keep from over-smashing the berries. Set aside.
- In medium sauce pan over high heat add strawberry gelatin, vanilla pudding mix and water; bring to a boil. Stir constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture stand about 10 minutes or cool enough to the touch.
- Spread or arrange the sweetened strawberries and juices over the cream layer and pour or gently spread the glazing mixture over the strawberry/cream cheese layer of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.