yogurt, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut into a 12 inch square. Cut in half to make two rectangles.
- Place one piece of pastry on a wetted baking sheet and brush all around the edges with beaten egg. Spread over the apricot preserves.
- Fold the remaining rectangle in half lengthwise and cut about eight diagonal slits from the center fold to within 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Unfold the pastry and lay it on top of the preserve-covered pastry on the baking sheet. Press the pastry edges together well to seal.
- Brush the slashed pastry with water and sprinkle over the sugar and flaked almonds.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until well risen and golden brown. Serve sliced with cream or yogurt.