( or instant coffee)
dutch process cocoa
2 1/2 cups
bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
( 60% cocoa)
- Mix vanilla and espresso powder in a very small bowl.
- In a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt until combined.
- Whisk in heavy cream, egg yolks and whole milk over medium to medium-high heat. Bring to a strong SIMMER (should take five minutes) and let simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add in butter, one tablespoon at a time, and finely chopped chocolate.
- Stir in vanilla/espresso and incorporate.
- Strain through a mesh strainer, into individual ramekins or bowls, or into a large bowl.
- Cover surface with wax paper or parchment sprayed with Pam to prevent a skin from forming on the top of the pudding.
- Chill for at least four hours.
- Whisk pudding before serving.