Maple and Orange Sauce
orange, grated zest
( of 1 orange)
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre and add eggs and milk, beating together until smooth.
- Pour into a jug and stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat a small crêpe or frying pan and brush with a little melted butter.
- Tilt the pan slightly and pour in enough batter to just cover the base and cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until the surface of the crêpe starts to ‘dry out’.
- Carefully flip the crêpe to brown the other side and transfer to a plate. Place a layer of greaseproof paper between each crêpe to stop them sticking together.
- Maple and Orange Sauce:.
- In a saucepan heat the maple syrup, butter, orange zest and juice and bring to a boil and continue cooking until the sauce is reduced by one third.
- Then remove the pot from the heat and stir in the brandy.
- To serve, fold the crêpes into quarters and place on a serving platter, pour the syrup over the sauce and serve with ice cream.