1 1/2 cups
sweet peppers, finely diced
hot pepper, finely diced
red wine vinegar
1 (3 ounce) envelopes
- Prepare canning equipment.
- Combine peppers, vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan. Don't use aluminum.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil (one you can't stir down) over high heat while stirring constantly and boil 1 minute.
- Add pectin all at once; return to a full boil for 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot into hot sterilized jars.
- Wipe rims, add lids and rings; tighten until resistance is met.
- Process in hot water bath 5 minutes for half pint jars; 7 minutes for pint jars.
- Remove without tilting to heatproof surface.
- Cover loosely with a towel.
- Allow to cool completely without disturbing.
- Check seals, label and store in cool place away from light.