beef top round steak
2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 lbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pound steak to tenderize.
- Dredge both sides in flour, salt and pepper.
- In heavy oven proof skillet heat oil, add steak and brown on both sides, remove add stock, bring to boil, scraping bits off pan.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, more salt and pepper to taste; remove from heat.
- Layer half the onions in pan, add steak, layer rest of onions, broth, spoon some broth on top.
- Bake for 2 hours, covered, basting steak after 1 hour.
- Remove to cutting board and slice.
- Serve with the gravy.