( nonfat or low-fat)
1 tablespoon low-fat buttermilk or 1 tablespoon
garlic clove, minced
grated lemon peel
fresh asparagus spears, woody bases snapped off and discarded
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, buttermilk, sour cream and lemon peel.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Cook asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- Toss asparagus with garlic dressing mixture.
- Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds, if desired.