3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons
white mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
scallions, thinly sliced
( using both white and green sections)
fresh hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
tomato, finely chopped
fresh cilantro, finely chopped
eggs, lightly beaten
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Put the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and set over high heat.
- When hot, put in the mushrooms. Stir and fry until the mushrooms appear silken.
- Add the scallions, green chile, and tomato. Turn the heat to medium and stir until the tomato softens.
- Add the cilantro, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the eggs gently until they form thick, soft curds or are done to your taste.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.