softened butter, divided
( 2 sticks)
2 1/4 cups
chopped Andes mints candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add 1 cup flour, cocoa, and 1/8 teaspoons salt, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread mixture into 9x13 dish.
- In a mixing bowl cream remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and remaining 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining egg and remaining 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and beat well.
- Gradually add remaining 1 1/4 cups flour and remaining 1/8 teaspoons salt, mixing well after each addition.
- Gently spread over chocolate layer and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chopped Andes mints over the top.
- Bake until chocolate begins to melt, about 1 additional minute.
- Spread melted chocolate over the top of the bars.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into 24 squares, and then cut squares into triangles.