whole fresh pineapple, cored
( about 20 oz.)
light brown sugar, packed
Optional toppings or ingredients
6 scoops vanilla ice cream or 6 scoops
toasted almond, slivered
fresh whipped cream
- Slice pineapple into eight rings and cut each ring into 8 pieces.
- Warm butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. When butter begins to foam, add the pineapple and brown sugar (this is when you'd add the bananas if using that option).
- Cook, stirring frequently and make sure you are turning the pineapple chunks over while stirring. This should take about 4-5 minutes - just until the pineapple is brown and all the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place into a shallow serving bowls and let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Place a scoop of ice cream/frozen yogurt on each serving and top with other toppings if desired. Or you can serve with just a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.