( washed and trimmed)
( ZEST, freshly grated)
( toasted and chopped)
- Toast the walnuts in a medium-heat iron skillet, on the stove top, stirring constantly until fragrant ~ be careful they don't burn!
- Steam beans until barely tender but still crisp, about 3 minutes.
- In a saute pan, heat the butter, salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and chicken stock over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans and simmer until beans are cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Top beans with the walnuts and serve.
- Makes 4 servings.