1 1/4 cups water or 1 1/4 cups
1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon
dried thyme leaves
black pepper, freshly ground
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add couscous, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Topping: In a shallow pan, heat oil.
- Cook garlic until it begins to brown.
- Add rest of spices, cook for 30 second and remove from heat.
- (Alternately, you could use ready made"roasted garlic olive oil", and add the thyme and pepper).
- Mix topping with couscous, serve immediately.