( I use BEST brand)
1 (170 ml) cans
( Keshta, found in Middle Eastern shops)
( to taste)
( or as I use baking soda and organic apple cider vinegar as instructed)
egg, lightly beaten
canola oil, plus extra for cooking
- First make the syrup:.
- Combine mango nectar and sugar in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Let boil a few minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let cool & pour into container to store in the refrigerator. (Keep it out if you are making the crepes right away as I don't think you want the syrup cold).
- Make the Filling:.
- Slice the bananas.
- Put the keshta into a small bowl & mix in the white sugar until the mixture is smooth.
- Set both aside.
- Make the Crepes:.
- Preheat the oven to 250F (yes that is low, just to keep the ones made warm).
- Mix dry crepe ingredients in a bowl. (If using baking soda use a lesser amount than powder here and add 3/4 tbs organic apple cider vinegar into the batter at the very end right before cooking).
- Beat in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- Add the lightly beaten egg and canola oil and mix until just blended.
- Add a little canola oil to a cast iron pan and cook on medium heat. Turn only once.
- As each one is done place on a plate in the preheated oven until ready to fill. (Don't leave too long in the oven this is meat to just keep them warm for serving a few at the same time).
- Take a new plate and one crepe at a time and place some banana slices along one edge, spoon on some keshta mixture and roll up the crepe.
- Drizzle the mango syrup (not cold) over top.