center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
( remove seeds for milder taste)
cream cheese, softened
monterey jack cheese, shredded
green onions, thin sliced
8 (3 ounce)
skinless chicken breasts, cutlets pounded thin
Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
juicy limes, juice of
1 1/2 tablespoons
salt and fresh black pepper
olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, green onions, jalapeno and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes.