1 1/2 cups
pecans, roughly chopped
lemon, zest of
of roughly chopped pecans
- Preheat oven, grease& line the base of a 9x5 loaf pan with baking/parchment paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Cut butter into the flour and mix until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add in the sugar and pecans.
- Beat eggs together with milk and lemon zest in a seperate bowl.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Add this to the flour mixture and gently mix together.
- Do not overmix, only until all dry ingredients have become moist.
- The batter should be lumpy.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth out the surface of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for about 50-60 minutes or until cake is lightly browned.
- To make sure, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Cool cake in pan for at least 10 minutes then turn out and let it cool on the rack.
- (For Icing) Sift the icing sugar into a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice to create a smooth icing.
- Drizzle over the loaf and then sprinkle the chopped pecans over the icing.
- Wait until the icing is set then slice.