radishes, small radishes work best
olive oil, extra virgin
pepper, black, freshly ground
parsley, finely chopped
- Wash and trim radishes, if large cut them in half.
- Add radishes to a deep pan, add enough water to cover them.
- Add the butter, olive oil, sugar and salt.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered for 12 minutes. (radishes should be tender and the liquid reduced to a glaze)
- If the radishes are cooked before the liquid has reduced then remove the radishes and cook liquid, uncovered until it thickens to a glaze.
- Toss the radishes in the glaze, sprinkle with the pepper and parsley and serve.